My family eats low-carb so I am endlessly on the search for some diet-friendly alternatives to some of our cravings. These crackers are a diet-saver. They are delicious and my go-to when I need something crunchy. I am always up for a recipe that saves me from buying a store-bought, preservative- packed snack for my family. They are also extremely easy to customize depending on your family’s tastes. Here is the basic cracker recipe and you can add different spices and seasonings.
- 1 whole egg
- 1 3/4 c. almond flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp of seasonings
- olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 350ÂºF.
- Whisk the egg and seasonings in a small bowl.
- Add the almond flour. Stir until the mixture comes together.
- NOTE: depending on the almond flour that you are using, it may not come together well. If the mixture is still dry, add a tbsp of olive oil at a time until the mixture is moist.
- Place the dough onto a sheet of parchment paper. Place another sheet on top.
- Roll out the dough until it is 1/8″ thick. I usually fold the corners of the parchment paper to achieve a rectangular shape.
- Remove the top paper. Brush the top of the crackers with oil and sprinkle with salt and any other desired seasonings. Use a pizza wheel or knife to cut 1″ squares.
- Move the dough and parchment paper to a baking sheet.
- Bake the crackers for 14 to 16 minutes, until the crackers are lightly browned (you may have to rotate the baking sheet if the heat in your oven is uneven).
- Remove the crackers from the baking sheet and allow them to cool completely before storing them in an airtight container.